Help For Groups
From the world famous Stonehenge to the ruins of Roman villas, from magnificent medieval castles to romantic monastic ruins and from grand stately houses to glorious gardens, you're sure to find a place to visit that your group will love.
Read on for our top tips for a hassle-free group day out in history - including details on discounts, booking and prices.
For groups of 11 visitors or more paying together we offer:
- 15% discount off the adult, concession and child prices (10% at Stonehenge).
- free entry for one tour leader.
- free entry for one coach driver.
- discounts for groups attending English Heritage events.
The prices shown on the pages of individual properties are the current admission prices for adults, concessions and children.
Download the complete 2017/18 price list valid from 1 April 2017 to 29 March 2018.
Bring History to Life with a Guided Tour
Many of our properties offer guided tours at a small extra charge, and some offer a free introduction for pre-booked groups. You'll find these listed for each property on their 'Group Visits' page.
Planning Group Visits
Take a look at the property pages for information about group visits, or find some inspiration on our Days out for Groups pages to find out which historic places around the country make for the perfect trip. If your group includes disabled visitors, see the 'Access' page for each property.
School groups will find useful information in the Education pages.
Payment Methods For Group Organisers
- by debit or credit card at least 7 days in advance of the visit.
All Other English Heritage Properties
- by cash or cheque on arrival (please make the cheque payable to English Heritage Trust).
- by debit or credit card on arrival.
Please note some events, concerts and pre-booked guided tours may require payment in advance of the visit.
Booking and Cancelling
It's usually advisable to book in advance so that we can cater for any requirements your group may have, and for you to double check that the property is open.
Contact the property directly for a Group Booking Form.
If you need to cancel a group visit, please call the property at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so may incur a cancellation fee.
Marketing Materials and More Information
Contact the Travel Trade team with your contact details, company name and full postal address to order any of our marketing materials.
What we offer:
- Annual Group Visits Guide - bursting with everything you need to know about English Heritage properties including coach parking, guided tours, average length of visit, opening times, prices and catering. Download the Group Visits Guide 2017-18 or contact the Travel Trade team for a hard copy.
- Property Leaflets - we produce a wide range of DL sized leaflets which are ideal for sales displays and promotional campaigns. Just let us know which property you need leaflets for.
- Attractions Magazine - the printed Travel Trade newsletter is published two times a year. It's a great way to keep up to date with our latest offers, events and ideas for the perfect group visit. Download the latest edition of Attractions or contact the Travel Trade team for a hard copy.
- E-newsletter - get our email newsletter sent to your inbox - sign up here.
- Photography - we can supply a great range of fantastic images for inclusion in your brochure.
- Free Familiarisation Visits - we offer free familiarisation visits to help you plan your tours. For more information please email the Travel Trade team. Make sure to include the name of the property you want to visit, your name and job title, company name and address, a telephone/fax number and an email address. Please allow four weeks to set up a familiarisation trip.
For free expert advice on our properties and ideas for itineraries don't hesitate to contact the Travel Trade team.
0117 975 1349
Group Travel Inspiration
If you're looking for inspiration to help plan your next trip, take a look at our