Think of an ancient Tudor castle standing proudly on a headland with views across a shimmering ocean to distant ships passing on the horizon.
Then imagine your own wedding day set in this most magnificent castle. If you yearn for a centuries-old setting to complete your love story, then Pendennis Castle will be your ideal wedding day location.
With its romantic keep set within a walled ‘chemise’, expansive lawns and banqueting rooms within a former Edwardian barracks all exclusively yours, Pendennis Castle will lift your special day into a truly unique and unforgettable occasion.
Castle Close, Falmouth, Cornwall - TR11 4LP
Rooms and Capacities
|Location||Wedding Ceremony||Dining||Dinner Dance||Drinks
Pendennis Castle is available for Civil Wedding, Civil Partnership ceremonies and private events 7 days a week.
Castle Keep & Photographs in the Chemise
- Ceremony & Drinks: May-September Sat 12pm-2pm: £1,600
- Ceremony & Drinks: May-September Sun-Fri 12pm-2pm: £1,400
- Ceremony & Drinks: October-April Sat 12pm-2pm: £1,400
- Ceremony & Drinks: October-April Sun-Fri 12pm-2pm: £1,200
Castle Keep, Chemise & Royal Artillery Barracks
- Ceremony, Drinks & Dinner: April Sat 4pm-12am: £2,700
- Ceremony, Drinks & Dinner: April Sun-Fri 3.30pm-12am: £2,200
- Ceremony, Drinks & Dinner: May-September Sat 4pm-12am: £2,950
- Ceremony, Drinks & Dinner: May-September Sun-Fri 3.30pm-12am: £2,700
- Ceremony, Drinks & Dinner: October-March Sat 4pm-12am: £2,700
- Ceremony, Drinks & Dinner: October-March Sun-Fri 2.30pm-11:30pm: £2,200
Royal Artillery Barracks
- Dinner: April Sat 4pm-12am: £2,500
- Dinner: April Sun-Fri 5pm-12am: £2,200
- Dinner: May, June and September Sat 4pm-12am: £2,950
- Dinner: May, June and September Sun-Fri 5pm-12am: £2,500
- Dinner: July-August Sat 4pm-12am: £2,950
- Dinner: July-August Sun-Fri 5pm-12am: £2,500
- Dinner: October-March Sat 4pm-12am: £2,500
- Dinner: October-March Sun-Fri 5pm-12am: £2,000
- April-September 3pm-12am: £4,500
Prices are exclusive of and subject to VAT. Prices are for venue hire only and are exclusive of catering, flowers, lighting and entertainment. Catering, florists, lighting and entertainment must be provided by English Heritage accredited suppliers. English Heritage reserves the right to amend prices at any time without notice.
At Pendennis Castle, you will say "I do" in the atmospheric surroundings of the circular stone keep. It is charmingly contained within an outer wall and surrounded by a secluded grassy chemise where you may wish to serve a glass of bubbly after your ceremony or pause for photographs.
Lower Gun Room
Crossing a stone bridge, you enter the castle keep through a wonderful arched doorway with a heavy wooden door and portcullis, topped by the Royal coat of arms.
With its unusual octagonal shape, thick granite walls and warm wooden flooring, the Lower Gun Room is an enchanting place to exchange your vows, steeped in nearly five centuries of history.
During wedding ceremonies, you can sign the register within one of seven alcoves, which were originally gun ports where cannons once stood trained out to sea.
Royal Artillery Barracks
Just a short walk beyond the Tudor keep stands the Royal Artillery Barracks, built in 1901 to house the Royal Garrison Artillery. It is now converted into a smart banqueting suite, where you and your guests can dine, dance and toast your future in contemporary comfort.
Within the grounds, a large lawned area provides ample room for marquee receptions on a grand scale, set against the spectacular backdrop of the castle, floodlit by night.
Your Wedding Ceremony Here From £450 + Vat
We are very pleased to be able to offer huge savings on last minute bookings: from just £995 + VAT you can hold your wedding ceremony or civil partnership in this beautiful castle set on the Cornish coast.
Alternatively, on Monday - Thursday throughout the year you can hold your wedding ceremony in one of our stylish modern rooms in the Royal Artillery Barracks for just £450 + VAT. And if you book your reception dinner here on any day of the week, you can hold your ceremony inside the Royal Artillery Barracks for FREE!
Please contact us now to be certain of having a wedding fit for royalty without paying a King's ransom!