Volunteering is an important part of English Heritage's work. It provides us with the opportunity to involve people in the historic environment whilst also allowing us to do more.
We value and appreciate the full worth of all volunteers. This statement is designed to demonstrate our commitment to volunteering and individual volunteers, ensuring all volunteers are treated consistently, equally and fairly.
As a volunteer you can expect that...
- You will be made to feel welcome by the organisation
- You will have equality of opportunity
- You will be appreciated and recognised for your contribution to English Heritage
- You will be provided with training and support in order to fulfil your volunteer role
- You are covered by English Heritage's insurance
- You will be reimbursed out-of-pocket expenses incurred through volunteering
- Your working conditions will be safe and healthy
- English Heritage will help you to resolve any problems that arise
- You will be given regular opportunities to review what you do with your manager
- You will be volunteering for an organisation which opposes all forms of illegal discrimination
- English Heritage will seek your views on volunteering and your experiences as a volunteer
English Heritage expects volunteers to …
- Adhere to our code of behaviours
- Fulfil volunteering within the terms specified in organisational policies and procedures
- Be reliable in attendance
- Fulfil the duties as outlined in your Volunteer Role Description
English Heritage reserves the right to withdraw an offer of volunteering if the above criteria are not fulfilled.
For the avoidance of doubt volunteers are not employees or members of staff and it is not intended that they should be.