Parking for about 30 cars, 100 metres from ticket office. Overflow parking available in the coach car park. The car park is free for visitors to the site only. Visitors with limited mobility can be set down by the shop. Please call in advance.
Food and Drink
Vending machine serving hot and cold drinks, and snacks. There are also local pubs and shops nearby.
You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the Walled Garden, outer moat or on the lawn.
Shop selling a range of English Heritage gifts, including wines, jams, toys, souvenirs, gifts, and books.
Male and female toilets with baby changing facility.
Dogs on leads allowed in the grounds only. Assistance dogs welcome.
The story of Farleigh and its owners is told in extensive displays in the Priest’s House and through an audio tour. The Priest's House also contains a number of artefacts that have been found on site and some suits of armour.
Extensive grounds laid to grass. There is also a Walled Garden, and Chapel Garden which contain seasonal plant displays.
- Audio Tour Availability
- Audio tour included in admissions price.
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Male and female toilets with baby changing facility.
- Play Areas / Adventure Playground
- Range of activities including bow and arrow and targets in front of the shop; a reading room with a book box and large book in the Priest House. There are also activity sheets for children and special events during holidays (please see Events page for details).
- Pushchairs Allowed
- Pushchairs are welcome, but be aware that there are lots of steps on site.
- Toy/Dressing Up Box
- There is a book box in the Priest's House.
- Interpretation for Children
- Birthday Parties: Prices start from £30, with free admission for members. Parties include a tour led by a member of staff and use of the Education base. Please telephone 01225 754026 for more information or to book.
Please be aware
Limited traffic on the driveway. Low ceilings in the crypt.
- Foreign Language Guidebooks
- Written guides available in German, French and Italian.
Commercial Photography and Filming
English Heritage welcomes all photographers to our sites and we hope you will share your pictures with us on Flickr and Facebook.
We do have some restrictions at certain locations, so if photography is your main reason for visiting, please call the site ahead of your visit to check if any parts of the site are restricted.
If you are interested in using English Heritage sites for commercial photography this must be arranged in advance. Please go to: Sarah Eastel Locations (http://www.film-locations.co.uk) for more information.