Plentiful free parking is available in the walled garden area. Please follow signs. There is also additional overflow parking if necessary.
Disabled visitors may park in the disabled parking bays within the walled garden close to the visitor centre.
Food and Drink
Our vibrant new café located in the walled garden provides the perfect pit stop to re-fuel after a full day out. Choose from a variety of delicious soups and sandwiches and scrumptious cakes all made from locally-sourced produce.
Discover the endless selection of walks, picnic areas and places to explore or simply sit back and dream of days gone by.
Gift shop selling exciting new gift ranges, including homeware, fashion accessories, jewellery, cuddly toys and books. A beautiful range of ceramics made by Aston Pottery in Oxfordshire and hand-made jewellery by UK designer company 'Know Your Onions' are also stocked. There is also a new plant area, which amongst many other plants and exciting garden accessories, includes items from The Hairy Pot Plant Company which are grown in natural, organic, recyclable coir pots.
Male and female toilets, including baby changing facilities, are located in the walled garden area.
Toilets in the grounds are not accessible to wheelchair users, but there is a disabled toilet in the mansion.
Dogs allowed on leads in the grounds. Assistance dogs welcome.
Find out more about the garden, and the people that shaped it, in our new exhibitions in the house and garden buildings.
Stroll in the recently restored Italian and Rose Gardens. Enjoy miles of reinstated historic pathways as you discover the garden buildings, pavilion and statues. Boasting 90 acres of glorious gardens, it's great for lovers of history, heritage and horticulture to indulge their passion.
- Audio Tour Availability
- Audio tours included in the admission price. Available from the visitor centre, no deposit required. There may be limited availability during busy periods.
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Baby changing facilities are located in the walled garden area.
- Bottle/Food Warming
- Yes, please ask a member of staff.
- Children's Audio Tour
- Child Sized Portions
- There are 4 highchairs available in the café.
- Play Areas / Adventure Playground
- Children's play area is situated near the cafe.
- Pushchairs Allowed
- Pre-booked education visits.
- Family Learning
- A range of activities to bring the garden to life for children - including themed play areas and special activity packs for families. Please note that a £10 refundable deposit is required.
- Interpretation for Children
- Specially designed children's activities.
Please be aware
Some traffic on site.
- Available for Event Hire
- Civil Weddings
Commercial Photography and Filming
No flash photography in the house.
English Heritage welcomes all photographers to our sites and we hope you will share your pictures with us on Flickr and Facebook.
We do have some restrictions at certain locations, so if photography is your main reason for visiting, please call the site ahead of your visit to check if any parts of the site are restricted.
If you are interested in using English Heritage sites for commercial photography this must be arranged in advance. Please go to: Sarah Eastel Locations (http://www.film-locations.co.uk) for more information.