The role of the team is to provide English Heritage and others with a comprehensive range of advice and practical application of scientific dating.
- Co-ordination of English Heritage scientific dating requirements
- Development of scientific dating policy
- Chronological modelling of archaeological problems
- Supervision of scientific dating undertaken in support of the Historic Environment Enabling Programme (HEEP) and Aggregates Levy Sustainability Fund (ALSF) research projects
- Commissioning of radiocarbon dating, tree-ring analysis, and archaeomagnetic dating
- Undertaking archaeomagnetic dating
- Scientific dating, when not available in-house, can be procured externally