Wroxeter Roman City Geophysical Surveying Volunteer
Find an opportunity > Wroxeter Roman City, Wroxeter, near Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY5 6PH (Sat Nav postcode: SY5 6PJ)
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic and hard working people to join our Geophysical Survey Team at Wroxeter Roman City.
To drive gators and/or assist in guiding them across fields and through gateways.
Where & When
- A rare and exclusive opportunity to be part of a collaborative project between English Heritage, the National Trust and the German Archaeological Insitute.
- This is an intense on-the-job volunteer experience and an exciting opportunity to be part of the research team.
- The project runs for two weeks.
- You have to be available for ALL the following dates:
- Interview via Zoom Tuesday August 23rd
- Training and project August 30th to September 9th (all days inclusive) there are two shifts per day 8am to 2pm and 2pm to 8pm, you need to be available for one shift per day.
Who we're looking for
You must be reliable, a good time keeper, friendly and a teamplayer. You need to be fit this role is very physical, you and your team will be moving through 90 fields in ten days regardless of the weather!
We are looking for hard working people who are keen to get hands on archeological experience. We need most of the volunteers to be willing to learn how to drive a Gator or equivalent.
Deadline for applications in Monday August 15th at 9am. You can find more information about this opportunity by downloading the role description.
Why volunteer with English Heritage
Volunteering is your opportunity to play a part in protecting and presenting some of the greatest places in England. Your support is extremely valuable to us and we want to make sure you have an enjoyable and rewarding volunteering experience. Find out more reasons to volunteer with English Heritage.