Let your students explore one of Henry VIII's finest artillery castles and find out what life was like for the people who lived and worked here.
"Deal Castle allows young learners to capture the historical experience of defending the town of Deal and the coastline from attack. It provides a factual learning journey from King Henry's time to the present day that is both engaging and informative, and plenty of fun can be had!"
Anna Palmer - Early Years Teacher
- KS1 - 3: Local History study. Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- KS2: Extend pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS3: Development of Church, state and society in Britain 1509 - 1745
- KS1 English: Use the castle as a platform for developing stories and fairy-tales
- KS1 Mathematics: Focus on the main shapes of the building
Free self-led visits
Enjoy a free self-led visit and let your students walk around the defences, discover the bastions and see the cannons. Let them experience for themselves what a Tudor fort is, why and how it was built, and the reasons for it being so important to the local area.ENQUIRE NOW