Group visits to Gainsborough Old Hall
Gainsborough Old Hall has developed and evolved in reflection with the town over many centuries. Groups can uncover the draw jaw dropping spaces of the Great Hall before wandering winding corridors and up dead end stairs. See how feasts were prepared in one of the best surviving medieval kitchens in the country and climb the 59 steps to the top of the tower for views across Lincolnshire.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Designated coach drop-off at site with free parking available for pre-booked coaches at the local leisure centre.
- Catering: The refurbished café is set in the 15th century Parlour, serving locally sourced treats on the menu, teas, coffees and a variety of drinks.
- Interpretation: Discover history through the voices of those who have lived, worked and visited. You'll find the voices of Lord Burgh’s staff at full stretch as they prepare meals in the newly commissioned replica equipment and furniture within the Medieval Kitchen.
- Gardens: Small flower beds around the hall and the herb garden are maintained by a team of gardening volunteers.
- Access: Access for wheelchairs is limited to the ground floor only.
- Average length of visit: 2 hours.
Address: Parnell Street, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, DN21 2NB
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (group bookings)
Telephone: Gainsborough Old Hall: 01427 677348 (general enquiries only)