UNLIMITED ACCESS TO OVER 400 HISTORIC PLACES
Live and breathe the story of England at royal castles, historic gardens, forts & defences, world-famous prehistoric sites and many others.
Sat 23 July - Fri 5 Aug 2022, Mon 8 Aug - Sun 4 Sept 2022TIME
10am - 4pm
Framlingham CastleSUITABLE FOR
Join us at Framlingham Castle every day of the summer holidays to learn what life was like in medieval times. From jester workshops, have-a-go archery, storytelling, squire training to lessons in courtly etiquette there will be a different activity each week for children to take part in. Activities will change week to week so please check below for more details. Please note this event will not take place on 6-7 August.
Book online now and save.
• Sat 23 – Sun 31 July: Siege weapons were used throughout the medieval period to attack the country’s castles. Have a go at using our trebuchet and take part in our children’s battles to learn all there is to know about siege warfare.
• Mon 1 – Fri 5 August: Choose you own adventure story with our storytellers and hear folk tales from the medieval period.
• Mon 8 – Sun 14 August: Learn all about how to build a castle from our medieval architects.
• Mon 15 – Sun 21 August: Become a knight or a princess this week with the chance to try on armour, learn all about courtly etiquette and take part in our children’s battles.
• Mon 22 – Sun 28 August: Have a go at our medieval toys and games and learn all about medieval life from our storytellers.
• Mon 29 August – Sun 4 September: This week it’s your chance to be a medieval actor and take part in our interactive Robin Hood plays. Plus, play at being Robin Hood whilst having a go at archery.
|English Heritage members||Free|
|Child, 5-17 years||£7.60|
|Family (2 Adults)||£33.20|
|Family (1 Adult)||£20.40|
Admission to the event is included in the standard admission ticket price. If you are a Member then your ticket will be free. You don’t need to book your visit in advance, but you will always get the best price and guaranteed entry by booking online ahead of your visit. If you purchase a walk up ticket on the day of the event, the ticket price will be higher than those listed above.
You can book your advance ticket online up to 8.45am on the day you want to visit. Your booking is for the site/event only and does not guarantee a car parking space, which may carry an additional charge. On the day, make sure you bring your booking confirmation with you.
Simply click on the Buy Tickets button above. This will take you to our online booking system. Once there simply select the date for the event you want to attend. Please make sure you bring your booking confirmation with you when you visit. If you are a Member please remember to bring your English Heritage Membership card. Members are able to book event tickets at the Member rate for those included in the membership only.