For general enquiries please contact the Customer Services department.
If you experience problems with our website or have comments please contact the Web Team.
This website is provided by English Heritage on an "as is" basis. No warranties or representations of any kind expressed or implied are given (and if any such warranties and representations arise by operation of law or otherwise they are hereby disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law) in connection with this site or its content including the completeness or accuracy of any of its contents (in particular but without limiting the foregoing any listing information).
English Heritage, its commissioners, employees, officers and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damages or expenses of any kind including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property or claims by third parties howsoever arising (save for death or injury caused by English Heritage's negligence or that of its commissioners, employees, officers and agents) in connection with the copying or use of any information or material contained in or referred to on this website or otherwise from the use of this website.
Use of Site
English Heritage reserves the right to withdraw its website at any time and without prior warning. English Heritage will endeavour to advise users of its website in advance of any withdrawal, whether such withdrawal is temporary or permanent.
Links to this Website
English Heritage reserves the right at its discretion to prohibit any link from another Internet site or equivalent entity to materials or information on this website. Without prejudice to that, any link to material or information on this website must be neither misleading nor deceptive and must fairly indicate English Heritage or www.english-heritage.org.uk as the destination of the link.
Furthermore, no page or pages from this website may be framed by or with any third party content or otherwise made available to the public in conjunction with any third party content without the prior written consent of English Heritage.
Copyright and Related Rights
All content, designs, text, graphics, software compilations and source codes on this website are the copyright of English Heritage and/or its content providers.
Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only and may not be recopied and shared with a third party except as set out in User-submitted content, below. The permission to recopy by an individual does not allow for incorporation of material or any part of it in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. Any other use of the website without prior written consent from English Heritage is strictly forbidden.
English Heritage, the English Heritage logo, Images of England and the Images of England Logo are trade marks of English Heritage and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of English Heritage. Other organisation and company names referred to on this Site may be the trade marks of their respective owners as indicated.
English Heritage reserves the right to change or amend these Website Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
By sending any text, images, audio, video or other content to this website you grant to English Heritage a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish and use that content (or any part of it, and as that content may be edited, cropped or otherwise modified by English Heritage, at English Heritage’s discretion) on this website, and on or in other English Heritage websites and publications, in any media and at any time. English Heritage may require you to confirm the rights granted in this paragraph and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to English Heritage. You also agree that any user of this website may use such content in accordance with these Website Terms and Conditions.
You (or the copyright owner) remain the owner of copyright in any content and are free to republish it wherever you (or the owner) so wish, subject to any other restraints. You agree however to abide by English Heritage’s rules in relation to commercial photography at English Heritage sites, namely that photographs taken at English Heritage sites may not be exploited in any commercial context without the prior written consent of English Heritage. Please note too that photography at non-English Heritage sites may be subject to similar or different restrictions.
All material must comply with the User Content Pages – Rules of Acceptable Use, set out below.
User Content Pages - Rules of Acceptable Use
User Content Pages and any discussion forums or pages of this website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Your use of these user content pages and this website generally is subject to the following terms which, by your use of the user content pages and this website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
- You may not place on this website any material (or use any user name) which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, threatening, harassing, harmful to children, obscene, offensive, or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate; or which might bring English Heritage into disrepute.
- You may not post any material on this website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
- You may not post any material on this website which compromises or is invasive of the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself; and confirm that you have secured the consent of any person (and, in the case of a child, of those persons who have parental responsibility for such child) who appears, or is referred to, in any material posted by you on the website to its publication by English Heritage in accordance with these terms.
- You may not use multiple log-ins or post duplicate, repetitive or trivial content or content which does not relate to the applicable discussion thread.
- You may not place on the website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not place on this website any material belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
- You may not place on the site any material whose publication by English Heritage may give rise to any third party claims.
- You may not place any links on this website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- You may not place on this website advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use this website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
- You may not place on this website any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; or which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or which might interfere with the normal operation of this website or servers or networks connected to this website.
- You agree that English Heritage accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on this website by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- You agree to indemnify English Heritage, its commissioners, employees, officers and agents from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to this website, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our website or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
Refusal, removal and/or editing of content
English Heritage may not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else makes to this website and therefore you cannot assume that English Heritage is responsible for having made it available on the website. English Heritage, and others that it designates, shall however have the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse, remove or edit any content that is posted to, or available on, this website without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on this website please let English Heritage know by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
On certain parts of this website English Heritage may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com ) to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
Your username and password
The registration processes on this website will involve you being allocated with a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your website account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your website account. You agree to (a) notify English Heritage immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or website account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and (b) ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session. English Heritage cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.