Join the Stonehenge Cycle Challenge and pedal into history. In September 2013 you will be able to take part in an exclusive sponsored cycle ride, which traces the route of the Stonehenge bluestones from Wales to Wiltshire.
The Stonehenge Cycle Challenge is sponsored by Craghoppers.
Starting at the Preseli Hills in the Pembrokeshire National Park and ending inside the stone circle at Stonehenge with a celebratory glass of champagne, this really is a monumental ride of a lifetime.
When Is It and Who Can Get Involved?
This three day event, which runs from 13-15 September 2013, is ideal for keen cyclists with a love of history.
The journey will cover:
- Preseli Hills to Brecon on day one (approx. 70 miles)
- Brecon to Alveston on day two (approx. 57 miles) and finally
- Alveston to Stonehenge on day three (approx 68 miles.)
Cyclists will be able to take in some of the most beautiful Welsh and English countryside with plenty of water stops along the way, as well as much-deserved pub lunches.
Why Cycle Stonehenge?
The sponsored ride will raise money for the English Heritage Foundation in support of this truly significant project, and is open to both individuals and teams.
These improvements include:
- A new environmentally sensitive visitor centre 1.5 miles away at Airman's Corner
- Removing the current car park and facilities at the Stones and returning these areas to grass
- Closure of the A344 with the section from Stonehenge Bottom to Byway 12 reverting to grass, allowing Stonehenge to be reunited with its ancient processional way
Find out more about our ambitious plans to transform Stonehenge.
Please note: a registration fee will be charged to cover the cost of the safe running of this event.
Anyone who signs up for the challenge before the closing date at the end of May could also win £200 worth of goods from challenge sponsors Craghoppers. (The prize must be claimed by 22 June 2013 on full price items.)
How to Get Involved
If you would like to take part in the Stonehenge Cycle Challenge, you can register your interest by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Registration closes 30 May.
Or why not support Stonehenge without breaking out into a sweat by donating online.