We welcome over ten million people to our properties each year and wish to widen their participation. This means that we take measures to improve access for the whole community and as far as reasonably possible, we will ensure that all properties are safe, accessible and welcoming for all our visitors.
It is English Heritage policy to:
- Provide and encourage opportunities for all to access, understand and enjoy the historic environment.
- Seek to understand the diversity of England's heritage and promote a more inclusive understanding of our past.
- Value and share an inclusive interpretation of England's heritage.
- Demonstrate that the historic environment contributes to positive change in the lives of individuals and communities.
- Promote good practice on equalities issues in the historic environment sector and actively engage with partners to encourage others to do the same.
- Positively promote equality of opportunity as an employer and a service provider.
- Ensure that all our activities as an organisation take into account the widest possible range of needs.
- Encourage a more diverse range of people to train for and join the heritage sector workforce in order to secure our shared heritage for future generations.