MY ENGLISH HERITAGE JOURNAL
In your family membership pack this year, you'll receive a special journal called 'Step into My Story'. You'll get one journal for the family and you can write, draw and stick in things that you have collected during your visits to English Heritage sites.
Will you dance around a ‘Sarcen’ at Stonehenge? Storm the keep at Totnes Castle? Or bump into the ghost of King Arthur at Tintagel?! Whatever you find or create, you can record it in your journal.
Win a signed 'Tom Gates' book by Liz Pichon
You might recognise the illustrations in the journal, which were created by Liz Pichon – writer and illustrator of the bestselling 'Tom Gates' series.
Once you have completed your journal, take some pictures of your favourite pages and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 March 2018 for your chance to win a signed copy of a ‘Tom Gates’ book by Liz Pichon, and feature on our website.
Every three months (between 1 April 2017 and 29 March 2018) we'll select four winners from the entries we receive.
Our special prize draw, where three lucky winners can win a book in time for Christmas, has now closed.
Make sure you get your parent or guardian to read the terms and conditions below before you enter. Good luck!Email your entry
Your Competition Entries
Thank you to everyone who has sent in pictures of their journals so far.
Do you need inspiration for your journal? See Hadley's view from her visit to Dartmouth Castle and discover Julia's dragon from Bolsover Castle!
Terms and Conditions
- You can enter if you live in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands, excluding employees of English Heritage or their family members.
- If you are under 13 you need permission from your parent/guardian before you can enter the competition. You should do this by asking your parent/guardian to submit your Journal photos for you. However, you must fill in the Journal yourself.
- 16 winners will be selected in total: four on 30 June 2017, four on 30 September 2017, four on 31 December 2017 and four on 30 March 2018.
- There will be a special prize draw where three lucky winners can win a book in time for Christmas. Prize draw closing date is midnight on Sunday 10 December 2017. Winners will be contacted by Wednesday 13 December.
- By entering this competition you agree that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions. You can enter by emailing a scan or photo of your journal pages to email@example.com. We can't include entries that arrive too late and we can't accept responsibility if your entry is lost.
- There is a limit of one entry per person. We don't allow bulk entries or entries made by other people on your behalf. We will disqualify all entries that break this rule.
- The prizes: 16 winners will each receive a signed copy of a 'Tom Gates' book by Liz Pichon.
- English Heritage will select the winners based on which journals are the most fun and colourful. Our decision as to the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If you win, you will receive the prize described. We won't swap the prize for cash. If there's ever a reason why we can't give you exactly the same prize, we'll give you something just as good or better instead.
- The winners will be contacted on selection day after the competition closing date, either by post, telephone or email. If we contact you to tell you you're a winner but you don't reply within 14 days, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another winner.
- Your details: We will use your details to send out the prizes to the winners, and by entering this competition, you agree that we can publish winning entries on the English Heritage website using the first name, county and age of the winners.
- By entering the competition your agree that we may feature your entry on our website or in other printed or digital communications.
- We may amend these rules, or cancel/alter the competition at any stage, if circumstances arise that are out of our control.
- We exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to you arising from your entry into the competition or occurring arising from your acceptance of a prize.
- The promoter is: English Heritage of The Engine House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon SN2 2EH.
- The competition is subject to the laws of England.