Oscar Wilde play and meal package
Enjoy an Oscar Wilde play and dine at the Savoy Grill with a cocktail for £72.50* – a saving of over £30
Classic Spring is a new theatre company formed by Dominic Dromgoole (former Artistic Director of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre) to celebrate the bold and groundbreaking work of proscenium playwrights in the architecture for which they wrote. Its first offering is an Oscar Wilde Season at the Vaudeville, revolving around his four great Victorian plays, which shocked and redefined British theatre, and still resonate and refresh today.
A Woman of No Importance (6 October to 30 December) and Lady Windermere's Fan (12 January to 7 April) are now on sale and coming soon is An Ideal Husband and The Importance of Being Earnest.
A WOMAN OF NO IMPORTANCE
A Woman of No Importance is directed by Dominic Dromgoole and stars Olivier award winning Eve Best (A Moon for the Misbegotten and Hedda Gabler), Anne Reid (Last Tango in Halifax) Eleanor Bron and William Gaunt.
An earnest young American woman, a louche English lord, and an innocent young chap join a house party of fin de siècle fools and grotesques. Nearby a woman lives, cradling a long buried secret. Wilde's marriage of glittering wit and Ibsenite drama create a vivid new theatrical voice. "One can survive everything nowadays, except death, and live down anything except a good reputation."
LADY WINDERMERE'S FAN
Award-winning director Kathy Burke (The Quare Fellow and Once a Catholic) has brought together a talented comedic cast for Lady Windermere's Fan. Samantha Spiro, playing Mrs Erlynne, won an Olivier Award for her performance in Merrily We Roll Along at the Donmar Warehouse. Kevin Bishop will play Lord Darlington, having recently starred in one-man show Fully Committed at the Menier Chocolate Factory and Once In A Lifetime at the Young Vic.
Comedian, screenwriter and actor Jennifer Saunders also stars as the Duchess of Berwick, marking her return to the West End stage for the first time in over twenty years. Jennifer is best known for writing and starring in the sketch show French and Saunders and the BBC sitcom Absolutely Fabulous, which won international acclaim, a BAFTA and an Emmy.
The day of Lady Windermere's birthday party, and all is perfectly in order. Until her friend Lord Darlington plants a seed of suspicion. Is her husband having an affair? And will the other woman really attend the party? "You gave me this fan today; it was your birthday present. If that woman crosses my threshold, I shall strike her across the face with it."
THE SAVOY GRILL
One of London's most iconic restaurants, the Savoy Grill has been restored to its former glory with an elegant 1920's interior. It serves a modern menu of classic British and French dishes befitting the iconic and historic dining room.
This £72.50 package includes a Band A ticket to see A Woman of No Importance or Lady Windermere's Fan and two-course meal from a set menu with a cocktail at the Savoy Grill, valid for Monday to Friday evenings and Thursday matinees. For more information on The Oscar Wilde Season, visit ClassicSpring.co.uk.
*Please note, from 1 November to 22 December a £3 supplement applies and the Festive Set Menu will be served at the Savoy Grill.
BOOK BY PHONE:
Call 0330 333 4814 and quote promo code HERITAGE when prompted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This package is valid pre or post-show for Monday to Friday evening performances at 7.30pm and post-show for Thursday matinees at 2.30pm from 6 October to 22 December 2017 for A Woman Of No Importance and 12 January to 6 April 2018 for Lady Windermere's Fan at the Vaudeville Theatre, subject to availability.
- It includes a Band A ticket and two-course meal from a set menu and cocktail at the Savoy Grill and includes service charge.
- Restaurant booking times are 5pm to 6.30pm post-matinee and pre-evening, and 9.30pm to 10.30pm for a post-evening performance.
- Guests should ideally be seated by 6.15pm post-matinee and pre-evening, and by 10.15pm post-evening performance.
- No cash alternative available to any elements of the package.
- Alcohol for over 18s only. Soft drink alternative available.
- From 1 November to 22 December a £3 supplement applies and the Festive Set Menu will be served at the Savoy Grill.
- Tables must be reserved by the customer directly with the restaurant by calling 0207 592 1600 before the date attending.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.