Heritage Crime

Clifford's Tower, York, damaged by graffiti

If you are concerned about crime or anti-social behaviour affecting historic buildings and sites in England, whether generally or in relation to a particular place, the sections below will help you to find more information on what is being done to tackle the problem and what action you can take yourself.

To report a crime that is taking place and which may be damaging a historic building or site, phone the police immediately on 999.

What is Heritage Crime?

Find out about heritage crime, how big the problem is, what is being done about it and pro-active local measures.

More on heritage crime

Response to a Heritage Crime

Has an incident of crime or anti social behaviour recently taken place? Find out how to respond to a recent heritage crime.

How to respond to a recent heritage crime