Although used as a barn for the last three centuries, this fine medieval chapel was originally constructed by the lord of Chisbury Manor to assert his high social status. It allowed the household of the manor, as well as local people, to attend services and pay their taxes without having to travel to the parish church at Great Bedwyn.
Although the building ceased to be used as a consecrated chapel in 1547, visitors to Chisbury will be rewarded with a pretty thatched and flint-walled construction, whose original function is still clearly visible today.
Please note: Dogs on leads are welcome.
Prices and opening times
For just £48 a year, English Heritage members get free entry to our properties and exclusive discounts.