Immerse yourself in England's colourful past by staying in one of our unique and historical properties. From cosy cottages to gatehouse towers to beachside retreats, book your stay today and make your next holiday a memorable one.
English Heritage Holiday Cottages
At English Heritage, we want to offer you the most exciting and engaging ways to explore England’s past. Whether you find inspiration in the evocative settings, little-known details or colourful characters of history, staying at one of our sites will make for a unique experience. As other visitors leave, you can discover a new side as you explore all by yourself. Soak up the unique atmosphere of the sun setting on hundreds of years of history and, come morning, see it light up some of the most iconic sights in the country.
Why stay with us?
While you're staying at an English Heritage Holiday Cottage, you can benefit from:
- A welcome hamper on arrival
- Complimentary entry to all English Heritage sites during your stay
- Complimentary tickets for English Heritage events during your stay (excluding members, evening & limited capacity events)
- An orientation tour of the property during your stay
- 10% discount in our shops during your stay
- 10% discount in our cafes and tearooms during your stay
- 10% discount on all English Heritage online gift shop orders for a month after your stay
Holiday Cottage of the Month
South Lodge at 1066 Battle of Hastings Battlefield & Abbey.
Stay within the very site where in 1066 the armies of King Harold clashed with William the Conqueror and England's future was decided. South Lodge is a cosy two-bedroomed gatehouse on the corner of the road to Pevensey. Walk the battlefield and admire the wooden sculptures, climb to the top of the gatehouse and admire the stonework and acoustics of the 13th century rib-vaulted dormitory range of the abbey.Discover more
Plan a weekend away or a short break in England with our regional travel guides.
Uncover more from the English Heritage team as we work across 400 sites in England. Find answers to questions about history as well as historical how tos.
From spooky castles to gruesome tales, do you have what it takes to explore our chilling sites?