Immerse yourself in England's colourful past by staying in one of our unique and historical properties. From cosy cottages to gatehouse towers to beachside retreats, book your stay today and make your next holiday a memorable one.
English Heritage Holiday Cottages
At English Heritage, we want to offer you the most exciting and engaging ways to explore England’s past. Whether you find inspiration in the evocative settings, little-known details or colourful characters of history, staying at one of our sites will make for a unique experience. As other visitors leave, you can discover a new side as you explore all by yourself. Soak up the unique atmosphere of the sun setting on hundreds of years of history and, come morning, see it light up some of the most iconic sights in the country.
Why stay with us?
While you're staying at an English Heritage Holiday Cottage, you can benefit from:
- A welcome hamper on arrival
- Complimentary entry to all English Heritage sites during your stay
- Complimentary tickets for English Heritage events during your stay (excluding members, evening & limited capacity events)
- An orientation tour of the property during your stay
- 10% discount in our shops during your stay
- 10% discount in our cafes and tearooms during your stay
- 10% discount online with English Heritage for a month after your stay
Holiday Cottage of the Month
Peacock Cottage, Kirby Hall, Northamptonshire
A hidden gem in the Northamptonshire countryside Peacock Cottage at Kirby Hall with its impressive grounds is an ideal getaway. Once the public have gone home, explore the ruins of this once great house and wander around the recently restored great gardens with their elaborate 'cutwork' design, complete with statues and urns.Discover more
Plan a weekend away or a short break in England with our regional travel guides.
Uncover stories from English history on our blog.
Mother's Day Ideas
Treat Mum to a day out to remember at a grand royal home, majestic coastal fortress or tranquil formal gardens this Mothers' Day weekend.