A monument erected in 1656 by Lady Anne Clifford of nearby Brougham Castle, to commemorate her final parting here from her mother. On the low stone beside it, money was given to the poor each anniversary of their parting.
Please note: Dogs on leads are welcome.
Prices and opening times
For just £48 a year, English Heritage members get free entry to our properties and exclusive discounts.