North Elmham Chapel

North Elmham Chapel

North Elmham Chapel

A place with an unusual story, told by graphic panels. The small Norman chapel here stood on the site of an earlier timber church, probably the Saxon cathedral of East Anglia. In the 14th century it was converted into a fortified manor house by Henry Despenser, the unpopular Bishop of Norwich who brutally suppressed the Peasants' Revolt of 1381.

Please note: Dogs on leads are welcome.

Visit our online shop at www.english-heritageshop.org.uk

Prices and opening times

directions

Norfolk, NR20 5JU (the postcode in the 13/14 members handbook is incorrect) (Directions)

Membership

For just £39 a year, English Heritage members get free entry to our properties and exclusive discounts.