A tall medieval octagonal tower, allegedly a lighthouse, built here in 1328 as penance for stealing church property from a wrecked ship. Affectionately known as the Pepperpot, it stands on one of the highest parts of the Isle of Wight. It is part of the Tennyson Heritage Coast, a series of linked cliff-top monuments. A later lighthouse can be seen nearby.
Please note: Dogs on leads are welcome. Parking is available.
Prices and opening times
Isle of Wight
For just £39 a year, English Heritage members get free entry to our properties and exclusive discounts.