Lullingstone Roman Villa provides a hands-on insight into the lives of the Romans living there and brings the curriculum to life in a fun and engaging way.
Lullingstone Roman Villa provides cross-curricular links across numerous subjects in a fun and engaging way. Curriculum links that stand out are:
- KS1-3: Local history study
- KS2: The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain
- KS2: 'Romanisation' of Britain and the impact of technology, culture and beliefs
- KS3: Study of an aspect or theme in British history from before 1066
- KS2 Geography: Discover why the villa was built in this location
- KS2-3 Religious Studies: What is the significance of the house church?
- KS1-3 Art: See the beautiful mosaics and discover how they were constructed
Expert-Led Discovery Visits
Let our experts lead a hands-on Discovery Visit for you. At just £100 per session (approximately 30 pupils), they're a great way for your students to discover what life was like for a Roman and get involved with fun educational activities.
Free Self-Led Visits
Enjoy a free self-led visit to Lullingstone Roman Villa and design your own day to suit your curriculum needs. Lullingstone is one of the most important and complete Roman villas in Britain and its outstanding mosaics and a collection of finds shed light on the lives of its affluent Roman occupiers. Take advantage of our learning space complete with a birds-eye view of the villa's remains.
facilities for learning groups
- PARKING: Parking is available for cars and a limited number of coaches in the car park.
- TOILETS: Male and female public toilets are located in the car park. An accessible toilet is available at the villa.
- SHOP: There is a shop on site which sells a range of books and gifts. Goody bags are available to pre-order.
- LUNCH: Benches and grassed areas are available for packed lunches. There is also a self-service tea bar at the shop where you can buy drinks and snacks.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Most of the villa is accessible for wheelchair users, although there are steps to the mausoleum and shrine. Lifts are available for access to the first floor and mezzanine level.