With a history stretching as far back as the Romans, and the ruins of a Medieval castle to explore, Tintagel Castle is an ideal destination for inspirational learning.
Enjoyed the fantastic scenery and the stories and I’m sure that most will return again and again!
- KS1-3: Local history study
- KS1: How people’s lives have shaped this nation and how Britain has influenced and been influenced by the wider world
- KS2: How several aspects of national history are reflected in the locality; a study of history or a site dating from a period beyond 1066 significant in the locality
- KS3: Development of Church, state and society in Medieval Britain 1066-1509; ideas, political power, industry and empire in Britain 1745-1901
- KS4: Current GCSE frameworks and study of the historic environment
free school visits
Standing half on the mainland and half on a jagged headland projecting into the Atlantic, Tintagel Castle is one of the most spectacular historic sites in Britain. It's association with King Arthur also makes it one of the most famous, though the history of the site stretches back centuries before the first tales of Arthur.
Facilities for Learning Groups
- Coach parking available a short walk from the site
- Handling collection available for advance booking
- Gift shop on-site, we recommend you bring your class in small groups at a time