A school visit to Wroxeter Roman City is truly a unique experience and we offer both free self-led visits as well as visits led by our experts at the remains of what was once one of the largest towns in Roman Britain.
The Roman centurion was excellent, very much in role! Fantastic! All children looked at the ruins in a different way. Very worthwhile.
- KS1, 2 & 3: Local history study
- KS1: How people’s lives have shaped this nation and how Britain has influenced and been influenced by the wider world
- KS2: The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain: Julius Caesar’s attempted invasion in 55 - 54 BC, the Roman Empire by AD 42 and the power of its army, successful invasion by Claudius and conquest
- KS2-3: The legacy of Greek or Roman culture (art, architecture or literature) on later periods in British history, including the present day
free school visits
Book your free visit to Wroxeter Roman City so you and your class can:
- Walk in the footsteps of the citizens and slaves of the infamous Roman Empire
- Exercise where Roman citizens would have trained over 2000 years ago
- Explore our reconstructed Roman Townhouse
- Book our education room to make the most of our handling and costume collection
expert led school visits
Let us help you to inspire your students with our hands-on expert led Discovery Visits by one of our experts and great value for up to 30 students.
- ROMANS AT WROXETER (KS2, £100 per class): This interactive tour led by a costumed guide uncovers the city that once was, its buildings and life for the citizens and slaves of the Western Roman Empire. Duration: 1 1/2 hours
- WROXETER EXPERIENCE (KS2, £200 per class): Extend the Romans at Wroxeter Discovery Visit so your class can enjoy a full day of led activities; visit the reconstructed Roman Townhouse, dress up in Roman costume and lots of other hands on experiences. Duration: full day