English Heritage Public Wifi Service
English Heritage provides WiFi access to the internet for visitors to some of our sites. Use of this service is however subject to acceptance of the conditions below:
- The Service provides access to the internet over an unsecured network; by using this Service you acknowledge and assume all risks that this implies.
- You are to abide by all relevant laws, including the Data Protection Act 1998; the Copyright Design and Patents Act 1988; the Computer Misuse Act 1990; the Communications Act 2003 and the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. It is also your responsibility to familiarise yourself with all statutory requirements.
- Do not access, use, display, print, store, extract, distribute, or otherwise process information which contravenes the law. English Heritage will co-operate with the Police and other law enforcement agencies in such cases.
- Do not gain access, or attempt to gain access to, computer systems, data or resources to which you are not authorised. This includes trying to undermine the integrity or security of any computer systems or networks.
- Do not use this service to transfer financial, personal or confidential information.
- Take all reasonable care not to distribute copyright material in breach of copyright.
- Take all reasonable care not to distribute defamatory material or to harass, cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to others.
- Do not use this service in such a way as to deny reasonable access to the network for others, for example, by excessive use of network bandwidth. This could include the use of FTP servers, file-sharing software and video streaming.
English Heritage will monitor the use of the service to ensure that everyone adheres to these conditions and that all serious security incidents or potential offences are detected and investigated. English Heritage may also be obliged to disclose information on the use of these services by law; this includes, but is not limited to, the Police or other law enforcement agencies. English Heritage is also subject to the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations and so may disclose information in response to such requests.
- English Heritage gives no warranty that the Service or any information, software, or other material accessible on the Service is free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful components.
- The Service is provided on an "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- English Heritage reserves the right at all times to temporarily suspend or withdraw the Service and to change the specifications or manner of use of the Service.
- English Heritage reserves the right to update or modify these terms at any time without prior notice. Your use of the Service following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these terms as modified. For this reason, we encourage you to review these terms whenever you use the Service.
Under no circumstances shall the providers of the Service, or affiliates, agents, or contractors thereof, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result in any way from user's use of or inability to use the Service or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or user's reliance on or use of information, services or merchandise provided on or through the Service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission, or any failure of performance.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the providers of the Service, including afiliates, agents, and contractors thereof, from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable legal fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Service, any materials downloaded or uploaded through the Service, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the Service, any violation of any third party's rights or any violation of law or regulation, or any breach of this agreement.