06/02/2015English Heritage unveils 2015 events
English Heritage today unveiled its events programme for spring 2015, showcasing a nationwide programme of living history, family activities and expert-led tours that will bring history to life for visitors across the country.
Highlights will include a series of family Easter Adventure Quests, exploring the history behind some of our most iconic places, and spectacular St George's Day pageants, marking England's national day. Popular events that will also return in 2015 include medieval melees, living history encampments and dramatic equestrian displays, at shows such as 'Clash of Knights' and 'Siege!'
English Heritage properties will return to daily opening from 30 March 2015, and the following weekend (4-5 April) will see families invited to join an Easter Quest around historic sites, discovering clues to win a seasonal prize.
St George’s Day events will take place over the weekend of 25-26 April, with Wrest Park in Bedfordshire once again playing host to an annual extravaganza, culminating in the dramatic showdown between St George and the Dragon.
The month of May will see events taking place across the country, from spectacular Bank Holiday re-enactments with themes ranging from Roman to WWII, to hands-on activities for all the family.
This summer promises more of the same, with the return of the Grand Medieval Joust, and activities marking the bicentenary of the Battle of Waterloo. English Heritage can now also confirm that History Live! will not be returning this year, in order to concentrate on delivering a wider range of events across England. A full programme of summer events will be available shortly.
Events taking place from March to May can be found on the English Heritage events page.
- Easter Adventure Quests – English Heritage properties across the country, Friday 3 – Monday 6 April 2015
- St George’s Day Festival – Wrest Park, Bedfordshire, Saturday 25 – Sunday 26 April 2015
- George and the Dragon – Dover Castle, Kent, Saturday 25 – Sunday 26 April 2015
- A Party fit for a Queen: Elizabethan Revels at Kenilworth – Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire, Saturday 3 – Sunday 4 May 2015
- Clash of Knights – Framlingham Castle, Suffolk, Sunday 3 – Monday 4 May 2015
- WWII Weekend – Dover Castle, Saturday 23 – Monday 25 May 2015
- How to be a Roman Soldier – Chesters Roman Fort, Northumberland, Saturday 23 May – Sunday 31 May 2015