08/06/2020Our Plans For Reopening
We’re delighted to confirm that the first phase of our reopening will begin on Saturday 13 June.
We’ll be opening six of our staffed sites:
- 1066 Battle of Hastings, Abbey and Battlefield, East Sussex, TN33 0AE
- Beeston Castle and Woodland Park, Cheshire, CW6 9TX
- Brodsworth Hall and Gardens, South Yorkshire, DN5 7XJ
- Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan Garden, Warwickshire, CV8 ING
- Old Sarum, Wiltshire, SP1 3SD
- Wrest Park, Bedfordshire, MK45 4HR
To help keep everyone safe, we’re introducing bookable arrival time slots and limiting visitor numbers by about a third. Because of this, you’ll need to book your visit in advance and show your booking confirmation when you arrive – either as a printout or on a mobile device. We’re expecting high demand for tickets, so we’d be grateful if you could only book if you’re sure you can make the date and time of your visit.
These six sites will be followed by around 45 more on Saturday 4 July, and from Saturday 1 August, every English Heritage site will once again be open for you to explore and enjoy.
Around two hundred free-to-enter sites are already open, including places like Iron Bridge, Caister Roman Fort, and many parts of Hadrian’s Wall. There’s no need to book your visits to free-to-enter sites.
For now, our teams across the country are busy preparing and adapting our sites for reopening. We’re really looking forward to welcoming you back!