Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Audley End
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Gardens - Our blooming gardens are open for you to enjoy while keeping to social distancing rules.
- Service Wing - The Service Wing will be open with social distancing in place.
- House - The Great Hall, Saloon, Library and Lower Taxidermy Gallery of the House are open as usual with a one-way system in place. Please check our access page before you visit.
- Trail - Come and explore our 'have you seen this?' trail to discover some of the fascinating finds in our care.
- Summer Weekends - On weekends from 18 July until 20 September we will be bringing the story of the House and Service Wing to life with live interpretation in the open air. Find out more.
- Cafe - The Cartyard cafe is open for takeaways light refreshments such as hot and cold drinks, wrapped cakes, sandwiches, sausage rolls and ice-creams with a new one-way system in place. Our pre-booked afternoon teas will be unavailable during this time.
- Shop - Our shops in the Servant's Yard are both open with a new one-way system.
- Playground - The playground is closed until further notice.
- Toilets - Toilets will be open across the site at the Cartyard, laundry room and portaloos by the entrance. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available across the site.
- Dogs - Dogs on leads are welcome to enjoy our grounds.
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn in Audley End's indoor shop, café and all other indoor spaces. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
- Parking - Parking is signposted with AA signs on Audley End Road and is 1/2 mile towards Saffron Walden. It is situated with the House on your left from the main gates.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to Audley End House and Gardens by car or public transport.
You will find parking information, post code for sat nav, and our address at the bottom of the page.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Audley End House and Gardens, as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.
Food and Drink
Find out what food and drink we offer at Audley End House and Gardens.
Head to the Servants' Hall Tearoom with its locally-sourced hot and cold meals, drinks and snacks.
Or grab some light refreshments at the Cart Yard Café next to the Children's Play Area.