Group visits to Barnard Castle
Sizeable and impressive medieval castle with Richard III connections. Spectacularly sited overlooking the River Tees gorge, with a sensory garden of scented plants and tactile objects. In a characterful market town which also hosts the famous Bowes Museum art collection.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: As there is no parking on site, please drop off at the site entrance then park in the car park in the town (charge payable).
- Catering: Hot and cold drinks, ice-cream and selection of small snacks available. Picnic's are welcomed to be eaten in the grounds which have fantastic views over the Tees Gorge. There are some picnic benches on site and in the garden.
- Gardens: Sensory Garden containing scented plants and tactile objects. Suitable for disabled access.
- Access: Level access with ramps in places.
- Average length of visit: 45 mins.
Address: Castle House, Barnard Castle, County Durham
Email: email@example.com (group bookings)
Telephone: Barnard Castle: 01833 638212 (general enquiries only)
Local TIC: Please contact Barnard Castle visitor information point if you would like information about other things to do in the local area.