Group visits to Bolsover Castle
William Cavendish, later Duke of Newcastle, built Bolsover Castle with no regard to expense. This hilltop pleasure palace of a horse-mad Cavalier playboy is packed with entertainments for your group.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below. Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email.
We will require the following information to check availability and book you in.
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by:
- credit/debit card,
- cheque; made payable to The English Heritage Trust.
- Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS)*
*Agency Voucher Scheme account holders can redeem their company voucher on arrival and be invoiced after their visits. Subject to eligibility, contact us to find out more.
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Limited coach parking in the council car park, opposite the site car park.
- Catering: The café in the visitor centre seats 50 inside and a further 30 outside. Serves a selection of drinks, cakes, feshly made sandwiches, as well as hot and cold light lunches. Pre-booked lunches available for groups.
- Audio tour: Audio tour available in English.
- Average length of visit: 2 hours.
Address: Castle Street, Bolsover, Derbyshire, S44 6PR
Email: email@example.com (Central group bookings team)
Telephone: +44 (0)1246 822844 (General information only)
Local TIC: Please call Chesterfield tourist information on +44 (0)1246 345777 if you would like information on other things to do in the area.
Make your group visit extra special by adding a guided tour.
Please allow for the indicated minimum notice below when booking. Guided tours are always subject to availability.
Bolsover Castle tour
Let our expert guide entertain and impress your group as you tour the fairy-tale Stuart mansion, Bolsover Castle. The story of this hilltop pleasure palace will be revealed as you wander the lavish rooms of the Little Castle, explore the romantic ruined terrace range, and delight in the views from the wall walk.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Minimum-maximum pax: 15 - 25 pax. Larger groups can book multiple tours.
- Advance booking required: Yes, a minimum of 14 days notice is required
- Price: normal admission fee + £4 per person.
Aerial fam trip
Take flight above this hilltop pleasure palace of a horse-mad Cavalier playboy on this aerial familiarisation visit. Packed with entertainment, Bolsover Castle provides a perfect group day out.