Group visits to Castle Acre Priory
One of the best preserved monastic sites in England, the priory offers the chance to see wonderful carved decoration, a gigantic 24-seater monks' toilet and a recreated herb garden. Its fully roofed west range includes the prior's lodging - a little mansion featuring rare Tudor wall paintings.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.Join the mailing list
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking:Spaces for 4 vehicles which must be booked in advance.
- Catering: Vending machine selling hot drinks and snacks.
- Exhibition: Exhibition and display of archaeological finds, site model and audio tour featuring a 15th century chant from a Castle Acre song book is next to the shop on the way down to the Priory. The recreated herb garden grows plants the monks would have used for medicinal and culinary purposes.
- Audio tour: Available in English only.
- Access: Via about 100m of smooth grass, tarmac path and slope. Ground floor of ruins on level short grass. Prior’s lodging accessed by narrow spiral staircase. Virtual tour of Prior’s lodging available in exhibition hall. The exhibition has level access.
- Orientation map: Download a copy of our Castle Acre Priory orientation map to help with your planning.
- Average length of visit: 2 hours
Address: Castle Acre, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 2XD
Telephone: Castle Acre Priory: 01760 755394
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.