Group visits to Deal Castle
Groups can travel deeper into the story of this Tudor artillery fort - discovering more about those who served as Captains of Deal, the ordinary men and women who lived and worked here, and the role it played in 16th-century European politics. With dark passages, spiral stairs, and indoor exhibition and sea views from the ramparts, there's plenty to explore.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Free parking for up to 6 coaches, a few metres from site entrance (not managed by English Heritage).
- Catering: None on site.
- Museum: Discover site-finds of Tudor weaponry from Camber Castle, another of Henry VIII's forts, including pike-heads, armour piercing arrows, and equipment for cannons and muskets.
- Exhibition: Interactive exhibition detailing the people who lived and worked in the castle. Discover the world of 1539 and how Deal castle fit into it, and enjoy a huge illustrated map of Europe explaining the international situation at the time the castle was built. In the castle basement, explore 'the rounds', a dark and winding passage encircling the whole castle. Children can even borrow wellies and a wooden musket to play at defending the castle.
- Access: Wheelchair access is limited.
- Average length of visit: 1 hour.
Address: Victoria Road, Deal, Kent CT14 7BA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (group bookings)
Telephone: Deal Castle: 01304 372762 (general enquiries only)