Group visits to Deal Castle
Groups can travel deeper into the story of this Tudor artillery fort - discovering more about those who served as Captains of Deal, the ordinary men and women who lived and worked here, and the role it played in 16th-century European politics. With dark passages, spiral stairs, and indoor exhibition and sea views from the ramparts, there's plenty to explore.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.Join the mailing list
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Free parking for up to 6 coaches, a few metres from site entrance (not managed by English Heritage).
- Catering: None on site.
- Museum: Discover site-finds of Tudor weaponry from Camber Castle, another of Henry VIII's forts, including pike-heads, armour piercing arrows, and equipment for cannons and muskets.
- Exhibition: Interactive exhibition detailing the people who lived and worked in the castle. Discover the world of 1539 and how Deal castle fit into it, and enjoy a huge illustrated map of Europe explaining the international situation at the time the castle was built. In the castle basement, explore 'the rounds', a dark and winding passage encircling the whole castle. Children can even borrow wellies and a wooden musket to play at defending the castle.
- Access: Wheelchair access is limited.
- Average length of visit: 1 hour.
Address: Victoria Road, Deal, Kent CT14 7BA
Email: email@example.com (group bookings)
Telephone: Deal Castle: 01304 372762 (general enquiries only)
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.