A pretty four-arched late medieval bridge, spanning the River Kennett on the old route from Cambridge to Bury St Edmunds.
Read more about the history of the bridge.
Before You Go
Parking: There is no car park at the bridge but there is restricted on-street parking nearby.
Facilities: There are no facilities at the bridge but it is very close to the village pub, and there is a general store selling takeaway hot drinks and snacks nearby in The Street.
Dogs: Dogs on leads are welcome.
Please be Aware: The bridge is alongside a narrow road with no pavement so be mindful that vehicles may be passing close by.
Plan a Great Day Out
Why not go on to visit the extensive remains of Bury St Edmunds Abbey, 12 miles to the east, and once one of the richest and most powerful Benedictine monasteries in England.
Denny Abbey and the Farmland Museum is another former Benedictine foundation and is 20 miles to the west of the bridge. Founded in 1159, it has been home to aged and infirm Knights Templars and to Franciscan nuns, and it was used as a farm from 1539 until the 1960s. All these changes are still traceable in the building. The neighbouring Farmland Museum tells the story of Cambridgeshire rural life