Myths and Legends Discovery Visits with Lego® Education
This Key Stage 2 session has been developed with LEGO® Education and covers a range of cross-curricular subjects including Literacy and History.
About the discovery visit
This two hour hands-on session includes a trip to the Stones and a tour led by one of our knowledgeable volunteers. Afterwards, the children will be take back to the education room where they will be given the opportunity to use the LEGO StoryStarter kits to create their own mythical tales and creations.
Towards the end of the session the groups will be asked to share what they have built and re-tell their stories to the class.
This Discovery Visit sits well with the following curriculum links and can enhance your students' learning;
- KS2 English - Increasing their familiarity with a wide range of books, including fairy stories, myths and legends and retelling some of these orally.
- KS2 History - Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Discovery Visits cost just £100 per class of up to 30 students
- This is a 2 hour session and includes a tour of the Stones
- Discovery Visits are available during term time and run from Tuesday to Thursday.
- Booking is essential and can be made online or over the phone
As part of your Discovery Visit, you'll have access to our education room throughout your 2 hour session. The education room is equipped with bag storage and toilets.
Coach parking is available in the coach park for a maximum of 2 hours.
Lunches can be provided for both students and teachers by booking in advance. A child's lunch is available at £4.25 per child. For every 10 lunches purchased an adult lunch will be provided free of charge.