16/01/2019Win an exclusive sunrise visit to Stonehenge
Declare your love and you could win access to the inner circle at Stonehenge, followed by a champagne breakfast
Stonehenge has been a destination for lovers, honeymooners and romantics for generations, and now it’s your chance to make the mysterious monument feature in your own love story.
Last year English Heritage was sent more than 1000 photographs of visits to Stonehenge over the last 100 years, and many of these memories had been captured while on honeymoon or romantic breaks. Some of the couples are now celebrating their 50th wedding anniversaries.
English Heritage is now launching its #LoveStonehenge competition offering one lucky couple the opportunity to be alone in the most romantic of stone circles this Valentine's Day. The winner of the competition will be given special access for two to the stone circle on the morning of 14 February, and for their moment to be captured by a professional wedding and portrait photographer.
The stone circle will be exclusively yours at sunrise, and you and your beloved will be free to stroll amongst the ancient stones, before enjoying a celebratory breakfast at the visitor centre.
Enter our competition and if you win, you'll have an amazing and unique story to tell the grandchildren.
Simply tell us why you should be chosen for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. We're looking for the most romantic stories, proposals or declarations of love in all its forms. Upload a photo or video to make your entry really stand out.
How to enter
- Entries must answer the question, 'I should win exclusive access to Stonehenge on Valentine's Day because...'
- Entrants must be over 18
- Enter using your favourite social media platform
- Twitter – mention @EH_Stonehenge or reply with #LoveStonehenge
- Facebook – reply or Direct Message @StonehengeEH
- Instagram - use #LoveStonehenge
- Video entries must be no more than 60 seconds in length
- Follow Stonehenge on social media
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The prize includes:
- Access to Stonehenge Circle from 7.15am-8.15am on Thursday 14 February 2019 only. The winner will need to be available at this time as the prize is non-transferrable
- A photographer will be on site and digital copies of the images will be made available to the competition winner
- A celebratory breakfast will be provided for the competition winner and guest on return to the visitor centre
- As a condition of entry, the competition winner's video entry, name, image and that of their guest, plus photographs taken by the photographer will be used by English Heritage and shared with the media
- The closing date is midnight on 8 February 2019 and the winner will be notified by 11 February 2019
To find out more, read our full Terms and Conditions.