Group visits to Boscobel House and The Royal Oak
Just off the M54 and M6, stretch your legs at this Victorian lodge and farmyard which once provided shelter to the future King Charles II following the Battle of Worcester in 1651.
Today, you can explore the house, gardens, and Victorian farmyard - with newly introduced rare breed farm animals.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below. Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email.
We will require the following information to check availability and book you in.
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by:
- credit/debit card,
- cheque; made payable to The English Heritage Trust.
- Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS)*
*Agency Voucher Scheme account holders can redeem their company voucher on arrival and be invoiced after their visits. Subject to eligibility, contact us to find out more.
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Free parking for up to 4 coaches.
- Catering: The Tearoom offers a seasonal menu of daily specials together with homemade scones, cakes and hot and cold drinks.
- Orientation map: Download a copy of our Boscobel House orientation map to help with your planning.
- Average length of visit: 3 hours
Address: Brewood, Bishop's Wood, Shropshire, ST19 9AR
Email: email@example.com (Central group bookings team)
Telephone: +44 (0)1902 850244 (General information only)
Make your group visit extra special by adding a guided tour.
Please allow for the indicated minimum notice below when booking. Guided tours are always subject to availability.
Boscobel House tour
Let our expert guide reveal to your group the history of this fully restored and refurbished lodge and the important role that the house and the tree subsequently named 'Royal Oak' played in the escape of King Charles II following his defeat at Worcester in 1651.
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Minimum-maximum pax: 11 - 25 pax. Larger groups can book multiple tours.
- Advance booking required: Yes, a minimum of 14 days notice is required
- Price: No additional cost.
Aerial fam trip
Take flight above this fully restored Victorian lodge and farmyard where the future king, Charles II famously sought refuge from Cromwell's army in an oak tree. This moment in history is celebrated to this day with over 500 pubs named The Royal Oak.