Plan your visit
Welcome to Carisbrooke Castle
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Castle Grounds - The castle grounds will be open. One way systems will be in place to help guide your way around the route.
- Exhibitions -The castle's Guardhouse, offering an introduction to the site and its history, will remain open.
- Donkey demonstrations - The wheel and well house will be open to view but demonstrations will not be taking place at the moment. Instead you can meet the donkeys in the Stable Yard.
- Summer Adventure Quest - This summer, from 18 July, take your family on a free fun adventure quest with a historical twist. Download your trail map here and learn more below.
- Indoor Spaces – The Wheel House will be open to allow viewing of the wheel. The Castle Chapel and the Castle Museum will be closed.
- Cafe - The Castle Tea Room will be open for take-away drinks and cakes. A one-way queuing system is in place.
- Shop - The castle’s smaller shop within the grounds will be open, using a one-way system. The main shop will remain closed.
- Toilets - The castle's toilet facilities will be open as usual. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available in various locations.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to Carisbrooke Castle by car or public transport.
You will find parking information, post code for sat nav, and our address at the bottom of the page.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Carisbrooke Castle, as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.