Group visits to Carisbrooke Castle
A mighty medieval fortress, a prison for a tragic king and the home of Queen Victoria's youngest daughter, Carisbrooke's stories will intrigue any group. Key to the Isle of Wight's defence for over nine centuries, it also served as a prison for King Charles I before his trial and execution. Now the most famous modern residents are our friendly Carisbrooke donkeys.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Download a copy of our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times guide for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Please have the following information to hand to help us check availability and book you in.
- Group name
- Name of property
- Date of visit
- Time of visit
- Number of visitors
- Number of leaders/drivers
- Method of payment
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email.
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: 8 free coach parking spaces a few metres away from site entrance. Please contact the Visitor Operations Site Supervisor on +44 (0)1983 522107 for availability.
- Catering: Self service cafe serving hot and cold food, opens when the castle is open and closes 1 hour before the castle. Seats 35 inside and 30 outside.
- Orientation map: Download a copy of our Carisbrooke Castle orientation map to help with your planning.
- Average length of visit: 2 hours
Address: Castle Hill, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1XY
Telephone: +44 (0)01983 522107 (General information only)
Local TIC: Please call +44 (0)1983 813813 if you would like information on other things to do in the area.
Aerial fam trip
Take flight above Carisbrooke Castle, sitting high and proud at the heart of the Isle of Wight. Experience far reaching panoramic views from high castle walls, or wander the moat to discover King Charles I’s bowling green. Enjoy the tranquil Princess Beatrice Garden, before meeting the famous Carisbrooke donkeys.