Group visits to Helmsley Castle
Discover how this castle evolved over the centuries, from a mighty medieval fortress to a luxurious Tudor mansion, to a Civil War stronghold and a romantic Victorian ruin. Why not leave the coach at Helmsley and enjoy a beautiful 2.5 miles walk to Rievaulx Abbey, where a well-deserved cuppa and cake awaits you?
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: In the car park adjacent to the castle. There is no charge for coaches.
- Catering: Hot and cold drinks are available in our shop. We also sell a selection of snacks and ice creams.
- Audio tour: Free audio tours and a virtual tour of less accessible areas.
- Exhibition: Imaginative hands-on exhibition in the ground floor of the Tudor mansion range. Displaying a fascinating array of finds from Civil War cannon balls to early tableware, this exhibition explores the social and domestic, as well as the military, aspects of the fortress.
- Access: Full ground-level ramping, and a virtual tour of less accessible areas.
- Average length of visit: 1 hour.
Address: Castlegate, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5AB
Telephone: Helmsley Castle: 01439 770442 (general enquiries only)