Group visits to Marble Hill
A day out at this idyllic Palladian mansion is a treat for any group. It was begun in 1724 for Henrietta Howard, Countess of Suffolk, a remarkable woman of letters and friend of some of England’s greatest writers. The house and gardens were planned by fashionable connoisseurs, including the poet Alexander Pope.
A self-led group visit to Marble Hill is free of charge. Please download, complete and email us our group booking form to request a visit:
For groups that want to delve deeper into the story of this magnificent house and it's world-reknowned art collection, we offer exclusive guided tours. See below for details.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information.
Making a booking:
Please download, complete and return a copy of our group booking form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a group visit or guided tour:
If you have any questions, contact details can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
A self-led group visit is free of charge, but we do offer exclusive guided tours. Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Free admission: A self-led group visit is free-of-charge. See below for details of our exclusive guided tours to make your visit extra special.
- Coach parking: Coach parking is available off site at request. Mini bus parking is available. Please contact the Marble Hill team for more information.
- Catering: Café with indoor and outdoor seating available serving soups, sandwiches and salads.
- Parkland: Marble Hill is set in 65 acres of parkland containing historic features such as an ice house and grotto, both built in the early 18th century. Please contact the Ranger on 07825 680709 for more information about available facilities.
- Access: Wheelchairs access in the house is restricted to the ground floor. North front door with ramp opened for wheelchair users (please ask at ticket office entrance). Two steps at ticket office. Large print transcript of inaccessible floors is available. Introductory film with subtitles available on ground floor.
- Average length of visit: 2 hours.
Address: Richmond Road, Twickenham, London, TW1 2NL
Telephone: Marble Hill: 020 8892 1900
Make your group visit extra special by adding one of our guided tours.
Guided tours must be booked in advance. Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times for prices.
- Marble Hill: House & Park tour
Let our expert introduce your group to the house and the grounds and how it has come to be the beloved park it is today. This tour will bring to life some of the former features of the estate as well as those remaining, such as the Ice House and Grotto. Maximum 25 pax per tour. Duration: 2 hours.
- Marble Hill: House Highlights tour
Let our knowledgeable guide reveal the story of Marble Hill house to your group. Built for Henrietta Howard, it is a textbook example of Palladian architecture, its superb collection of early Georgian artworks and furnishings are a pleasure to behold. Maximum 25 pax per tour. Duration: 1 hours.