Plan your visit
Welcome to Old Sarum
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. Click here to book your visit.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Iron Age Hill Fort - The Iron Age Hill Fort is open for you to enjoy while keeping to social distancing rules.
- Old Sarum grounds - Our 29 acres of grassland are open for you to enjoy while keeping to social distancing rules.
- Shop – The shop will be open from 4 July offering a range of gifts and souvenirs. There will be a one-way system in place and we encourage contactless payment. You can also visit our online shop.
- Toilets - Our toilets are open as usual. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available across the site.
- Car park - Visitors will require a booking to park in the car park so we can maintain social distancing.
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn in Old Sarum's indoor shop, café and all other indoor spaces. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to Old Sarum by car or public transport.
You will find parking information, post code for sat nav, and our address at the bottom of the page.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Old Sarum as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit.
We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety