Dog Friendly Osborne
Now your dog can join you for a walk in the grounds of Queen Victoria's Isle of Wight home. We've set up a trial area, highlighted in green on the map below, where you're welcome to bring well-behaved dogs on a short lead.
Lead the way, but please take note:
- To keep our grounds a welcoming environment for all our visitors, please use the dog waste bins provided to clean up after your dog.
- Only assistance dogs are allowed in the house, in the formal gardens, at the beachfront and on the beach itself. There's an area set aside at the back of the beach café for dogs and their owners so you can still enjoy a walk down to the seashore. Please do not access the woodland area next to the beach.
- Although only assistance dogs are allowed in the formal gardens, all dogs are allowed to accompany their owners when dining in the outside seating area of the Terrace Restaurant.
- You can follow the path through the Swiss Cottage area, but please don't let your dog into the Swiss Cottage, the garden, the play area or the woodland area next to the Swiss Cottage.
- Other areas where dogs are not permitted include the Walled Garden, Pier Road (which the mini-bus uses to take visitors to/from the beach) and any areas marked 'private' on the estate or 'No access for dogs' on the map opposite.
- On no circumstances should dogs be left unattended whilst on a visit to Osborne, this includes whilst visiting the House. Provision should be made for at least one member of the party to be with your dog whilst a visit the House takes place.
Any questions, please just ask one of the team.