Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Pevensey Castle
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Castle and Grounds - The grounds outside the castle, along with the castle ruins will be open for visitors to explore. The dungeon and tower basement will remain closed.
- Shop - The castle shop and admissions point will be open to visitors.
- Museum - The Castle museum will be open to visitors.
- Toilets - Locally managed public toilets adjacent to Pevensey Castle will remain open.
- Face masks - Face coverings must be worn in Pevensey Castle's indoor shop, and we recommend wearing them in all other indoor spaces. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to Pevensey Castle by car or public transport.
You will find parking information, post code for sat nav, and our address at the bottom of the page.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Pevensey Castle as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit.
We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding Mobility/Older Visitors, Blind/Visually Impaired, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Learning Difficulties, Culinary/Dietary, and Health and Safety.
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.