Group visits to Pevensey Castle
Powerful Roman 'Saxon Shore' fort and medieval stronghold. The site of William the Conqueror's landing in 1066. Close to 1066 Battle of Hasting, Abbey and Battlefield. On-site interpretation reveals the castle's history including its role as a WWII observation and command post.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Coaches can set down or pick up in Hormworks car park. Parking for disabled drivers only in the castle precinct.
- Catering: Cold drinks and sweets are available from the castle gift shop.
- Access: Inner and outer bailey accessible to wheelchair users via mainly compacted gravel paths and some rough grass; assistance may be necessary.
- Average length of visit: 2.5 hours.
Address: Pevensey, East Sussex BN24 5LE
Telephone: 01323 762604