What you need to know
We've made some changes to help keep you safe, and things might be a little different when you visit. Here's everything you need to know.
Do we need to Book?
Advance booking is now essential. We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. Make sure you've read our ticketing FAQ before you book.
What parts of the site are open?
- Castle - The castle and headland will be open as usual with the exception of the Master Gunner interior space.
- Café - Take away food and drinks will be available.
- Shop - The shop is open.
- Exhibition - The indoor exhibition will be closed.
What changes have you made to your facilities?
- Toilets - Our toilets are open as usual.
- Audio guides - You can enjoy an audio-tour at Scarborough Castle using your own device. Simply download the Guide ID podcatcher App from either the Google Play Store or App Store. Once downloaded search for Scarborough on the menu screen to access the audio guide. We recommend downloading the audio tour before your visit using password EHScarborough.
Plan your Visit
Keeping you Safe
We've made a number of changes to help keep you safe. Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
You can visit our reopening page for information on general safety measures we've taken to help keep you safe.
General Safety Information
Do I need to wear a face covering?
Face coverings must be worn in all indoor areas. We won't be able to provide you with a face covering, so please come prepared so you don't miss out.