Group visits to Scarborough Castle
Step into 3,000 years of history at Scarborough Castle, which occupies a steep-sided headland between the two bays of the famous seaside town. The castle endured sieges by medieval kings and Civil War armies, came under attack from an American Independence naval fighter and suffered German naval bombardment in 1914.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking:No coach parking on site. Drop-off point at bottom ofthe hill. Coach parking in thetown centre at William Street Coach Park.
- Catering: Our new catering outlet, the Coffee Shed, serves quality coffees and light refreshments. Local Ice Creams are available from our own brand new ice cream van. Picnic boxes or private buffet lunches are available if booked in advance.
- Exhibition: In the Master Gunner's House there are interactive displays that explore the site's 3,000 year history. These are accompanied by artefacts from each period of Scarborough's past.
- Access: The castle and grounds are mostly accessible via smooth gravel paths, except the keep which is accessed via steps. Steps can be avoided using alternative routes. Strong pusher recommended.
- Average length of visit: 1.5 hours.
Address: Castle Road, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 1HY
Email: email@example.com (Group booking team)
Telephone: Scarborough Castle: 01723 372451 (general enquiries only)