Group visits to St Augustine's Abbey
Founded by St Augustine in AD 598 the abbey is a key part of the Canterbury World Heritage Site. Groups Can experience it as it would have appeared in the early 1500s with virtual reality technology. Explore the ruins and uncover insights into monastic life.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: As there is no parking on site, please drop off outside the abbey and park at the coach park at Kingsmead, Canterbury.
- Audio tour: Scan QR code on arrival to access a free audio tour on your own device. English only.
- Average length of visit: 1.5 hours.
Address: Canterbury, Kent CT1 1PF
Email: email@example.com (Group bookings team)
Telephone: 01227 767345 (General enquiries only)
Local TIC: If you would like more information about things to do in the local area, please call: 01227 378100 (Canterbury TIC)