Group visits to Tintagel Castle
These evocative ruins and their wave-lashed coastal setting are a delight to explore. Immerse your groups in history, myths and stunning scenery at Tintagel Castle set high on Cornwall's rugged north coast.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below. Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email.
We will require the following information to check availability and book you in.
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by:
- credit/debit card,
- cheque; made payable to The English Heritage Trust.
- Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS)*
*Agency Voucher Scheme account holders can redeem their company voucher on arrival and be invoiced after their visits. Subject to eligibility, contact us to find out more.
Visit & Contact information
- Access: Tintagel Castle is situated on the clifftops of North Cornwall. Due to the rugged coastal landscape, there are steep slopes, sheer drops and uneven surfaces which can present a challenge to visitors. There is currently a one-way system in place which means leaving via 140 steep steps. Please see our access page for detailed information and advice for visitors with limited mobility.
- Shuttle service: Land Rover shuttle service (not operated by English Heritage) from the village to the visitor centre available. To book call: +44 (0) 1840 770060.
- Coach parking: No coach parking on site. Park in Tintagel village (pay & display) which has space for nine coaches, approx. 600 meters from property entrance.
- Catering: Tintagel Castle's café seats 50 inside and 66 on the outdoor terrace. Contact the café on +44 (0) 1840 772101.
- Orientation map: Download a copy of our Tintagel Castle orientation map to help with your planning.
- Average length of visit: 2 - 3 hours
Address:Castle Road, Tintagel, Cornwall, PL34 0HE
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Central bookings team)
Telephone: +44 (0) 1840 770328 (General information only)
Local TIC: Tintagel Visitors Centre: 01840 779084; Camelford (Summer only): 01840 212954; Padstow: 01841 533449Tintagel FAQs
Aerial fam trip
Take flight above the island of Tintagel on this virtual familiarisation visit of these evocative ruins. Immerse your group in history, myths and stunning scenery at Tintagel Castle set high on Cornwall's rugged north coast. Inextricably linked with the legend of King Arthur, for centuries this dramatic castle and coastline has fired the imaginations of writers, artists, and even the brother of a king.