Group visits to Tintagel Castle
These evocative ruins and their wave-lashed coastal setting are a delight to explore. Recent updates to the site, both indoors and out, offer groups even more insight into its 1,500-year history and the role legends have played in shaping it.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.Join the mailing list
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Access: Tintagel Castle is situated on the clifftops of North Cornwall. Due to the rugged coastal landscape, there are steep slopes, sheer drops and uneven surfaces which can present a challenge to visitors. The advised one-way system involves leaving via 140 steep steps. Please see our access page for detailed information and advice for visitors with limited mobility.
- Coach parking: No coach parking on site. Park in Tintagel village (pay & display) which has space for nine coaches, approx. 600 meters from property entrance.
- Shuttle service: Land Rover shuttle service (not operated by English Heritage) from the village to the visitor centre available. To book call: 01840 770060.
- Catering: Tintagel Castle's café seats 50 inside and 66 on the outdoor terrace. Contact the café on 0 1840 772101.
- Exhibition: An exhibition offers an introduction to Tintagel Castle through the ages. Historic artefacts and book sculptures tell the story of how fact and fiction have contributed to the history of this iconic landmark.
- Orientation map: Download a copy of our Tintagel Castle orientation map to help with your planning.
- Average length of visit: 2 - 3 hours
Address: Castle Road, Tintagel, Cornwall, PL34 0HE
Email: email@example.com (Group bookings team)
Telephone: Group bookings: 0370 333 0604. Tintagel Castle: 01840 770328 (General enquiries only)
Local TIC: Tintagel Visitors Centre: 01840 779084; Camelford (Summer only): 01840 212954; Padstow: 01841 533449Tintagel FAQs
Aerial fam trip
Take flight above the island of Tintagel on this virtual familiarisation visit of these evocative ruins. Immerse your group in history, myths and stunning scenery at Tintagel Castle set high on Cornwall's rugged north coast. Inextricably linked with the legend of King Arthur, for centuries this dramatic castle and coastline has fired the imaginations of writers, artists, and even the brother of a king.
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.