Group visits to Warkworth Castle and Hermitage
As one of the biggest, most complete and certainly most spectacular medieval castles in northern England, mighty Warkworth Castle and its peaceful Hermitage make for a great group day out.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.Join the mailing list
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Joint ticket: A joint ticket for Warkworth Castle and Warkworth Hermitage is available.
- Coach parking: Drop off outside castle. Contact site for more information.
- Catering: Vending machine selling tea and coffee, and light snacks (ice-cream, crisps and confectionery). For more substantial meals, the nearest facilities are located in the village close by.
- Exhibition: The Duke's Rooms are furnished rooms within the castle keep. For conservation reasons The Duke's Rooms are only open to the public on certain days during the summer months. Please contact the site directly for opening times (phone number 01665 711423).
- Access: Access to the castle itself is limited, although the grounds are accessible.
- Average length of visit: 1-2 hours. (Castle and Hermitage)
Address: Castle Terrace, Warkworth, Northumberland, NE65 0UJ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (group bookings team)
Telephone: Warkworth Castle: 01665 711423 (general enquiries only)
Continue your adventure by taking a walk half a mile up river followed by a boat trip to discover the Hermitage, a religious building carved out of the rock. Enjoy the peaceful setting of this hidden gem, which was probably built as a private chapel for the first Earl of Northumberland.
The Hermitage is open on certain days. Check Hermitage opening times.
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.