Group visits to Whitby Abbey
On a headland high above the picturesque town of Whitby, the abbey has a rich history. Gothic ruins, stunning views and links with Bram Stoker's Dracula make this a firm favourite with groups. Adventurours visitors may wish to attempt the notorious '199 Steps' from the town up to the Abbey.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Parking and drop-off in Abbey Headland car park (charge payable to local authority). Passengers can also be dropped off at the front of the visitor centre.
- Catering: There is a café next door (not operated by English Heritage).
- Exhibition: Visitor centre displays fascinating finds from the Anglo-Saxon, medieval and Cholmley periods. This is packed with computer-generated images and entertaining interactives: touchscreens allow visitors to question Whitby personalities, from Abbess Hild via a medieval monk to Bram Stoker.
- Access: Features a wheelchair route of the site with ramps for access to the ruins.
- Average length of visit: 1.5 hours.
Address: Whitby, North Yorkshire YO22 4JT
Email: email@example.com (Group bookings team)
Telephone: Whitby Abbey: 01947 603568 (General enquiries only)
Local TIC: If you would like information on other things to see in the area please call: Whitby TIC: 01947 602674.