Group visits to Whitby Abbey
On a headland high above the picturesque town of Whitby, the abbey has a rich history. Gothic ruins, stunning views and links with Bram Stoker's Dracula make this a firm favourite with groups. Adventurours visitors may wish to attempt the notorious '199 Steps' from the town up to the Abbey.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.Join the mailing list
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Parking and drop-off in Abbey Headland car park (charge payable to local authority). Passengers can also be dropped off at the front of the visitor centre.
- Catering: There is a café next door (not operated by English Heritage).
- Exhibition: Visitor centre displays fascinating finds from the Anglo-Saxon, medieval and Cholmley periods. This is packed with computer-generated images and entertaining interactives: touchscreens allow visitors to question Whitby personalities, from Abbess Hild via a medieval monk to Bram Stoker.
- Access: Features a wheelchair route of the site with ramps for access to the ruins.
- Average length of visit: 1.5 hours.
Address: Whitby, North Yorkshire YO22 4JT
Email: email@example.com (Group bookings team)
Telephone: Whitby Abbey: 01947 603568 (General enquiries only)
Local TIC: If you would like information on other things to see in the area please call: Whitby TIC: 01947 602674.
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.